How To Create A Successful Business Website
Many businesses miss the most important point of their business: It’s all about the customers. Oftentimes when a business creates or recreates a website they create it according to their own liking – what they would prefer, the structure they like and the logo they like. After finishing they are surprised if the new website doesn’t catch on with the customer.
When creating a business, it’s about solving a problem for a customer. As also discussed in ‘Lean Management‘ we should operate very costumer-focused. What logo does the customer like? What colors were preferred? What site structure worked well?
Knowing this, here are 10 things we found particularly important for a webpage.
10 Steps To A Successful Business Website
- Make sure a visitor understands the purpose of your business after being on your site for 3 seconds.
- Capture the visitor’s data on the first page or make sure you have a contact form in place.
- Work on your page speed. Customers don’t like pages which take forever to load. Neither does Google. Recommendation here.
- Help Google find your site and optimize your website’s SEO. Although much traffic is coming through advertising nowadays, you’ll still want to harvest the organic traffic.
- Create a beautiful layout for your website. Make sure it is convenient for the customer (customer focus!)
- Check your logo. It represents you business everywhere and should be something that sticks in the customers head.
- Rework your navigation so it offers a clear and functional overview of your site. If needed, use a mega menu.
- Clean up your URL structure. If you haven’t already, create an URL structure that helps the visitor navigate through your site. Google likes it, too.
- Interlink your articles by referring to other articles. Google likes it and it helps keeping the visitor on your page.
- Make it easy for the visitor to share your content. Use a lot of pictures!